Late Dr. T.B. Rajashekar was an inspiring academician & an excellent manager. His contributions to the LIS profession and open-access advocacy are very significant. His untimely demise in June 2005 is a great loss to the profession. The memorial seminar is a small tribute from the NCSI-Net fraternity to their leader and mentor. Dr. T.B. Rajashekar Memorial Seminar series was started in the year 2005. To date, 14 seminars have been organized.
Please find below the list of seminars and presentations made during seminar sessions.
- Cloud Technologies for Library and Information Services, 1st December 2018
- CORAL – Open source electronic resource management tool, 18th November 2017
- Infographics and its relevance for LIS Professionals,10th December 2016
- Designing e-content Portal using WordPress, 19th December 2015
- VuFind - An Open Source Web Scale Discovery Tool, 22nd November 2014
- Digital Information Services in Academic and R&D Information Centers, 23rd November 2013
- Designing Web Portal / Gateway Services Using WordPress, 24th November 2012.
- Designing Web Portals, Gateway Services Using Drupal, 12th November 2011.
- Web 2.0 technologies for Library Services, 13th November 2010
- Building Institutional Repositories Using DSpace (2009)
- Content Management, 8th November 2008
- Emerging ICT Skills for the Information Professionals, 3rd November 2007
- Competencies for the Budding Information Professionals in the Digital Era, 11th November 2006
- Information Management in Digital Era, 12th November, 2005
Judging by the positive feedbacks from the participants, all the seminars have been very successful. This has motivated NCSI-Net to make the seminar an annual event for the benefit of LIS students and budding professionals.